Detecting Smartphone Waves Using Toy - VIDEO

In summary, the conversation is about a video that the speaker came across on the BBC which shows a person using two sketch pads to create a hologram. The other person doubts the authenticity of the video and believes it may be edited. They also discuss the technical aspects of how the hologram works. The conversation ends with the first person stating that the video was not on the BBC.
Newtonfalls
Hi,

i came across this video on BBC yesterday:
<link to video deleted>
Now I wonder how this stuff works in detail?
Is it the carrier wave or the multiplexer signal of the phone?

best regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Newtonfalls said:
Hi,

<link to video deleted>
Now I wonder how this stuff works in detail?
Is it the carrier wave or the multiplexer signal of the phone?

best regards

personally, I don't believe the video
I seriously doubt that would really work.
More likely some wonderful video editing done

Last edited by a moderator:
davenn said:
personally, I don't believe the video
I seriously doubt that would really work.
More likely some wonderful video editing done

It's got to be dodgy. Those sketch pads would always be going loopy. People (except PF members) would all take them back to the shop.

It doesn't look genuine to me. If you notice, the pixels making up the stone between the sketch pads constantly shift. The pixels making up the boundaries of each screen on the pad are also shifting.

Likes sophiecentaur
Newtonfalls said:
That fake video was not on the BBC.

Thread closed.

1. How does the toy detect smartphone waves?

The toy uses a small built-in antenna that can pick up radio frequency signals emitted by smartphones. It then amplifies and converts these signals into audible sounds, allowing the toy to "detect" the presence of nearby smartphones.

2. Can the toy detect all types of smartphone waves?

No, the toy can only detect radio frequency waves emitted by smartphones. It cannot detect other types of waves such as Bluetooth or Wi-Fi signals.

3. What is the accuracy of the toy in detecting smartphone waves?

The accuracy of the toy depends on several factors such as the strength of the smartphone's signal, the distance between the toy and the smartphone, and any interference from other devices. It is not as accurate as professional equipment, but it can give a general indication of smartphone activity in the area.

4. Is the toy safe to use?

Yes, the toy is safe to use. It does not emit any signals or radiation and simply picks up existing smartphone waves in the surrounding area. It is no different than using a radio or other electronic devices.

5. Can this technology be used for other purposes?

Yes, similar technology is often used in professional equipment for detecting and monitoring radio frequency signals. It can also be used in educational settings to teach students about radio waves and how they are used in communication. However, it should not be used for any illegal or unethical purposes.