Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Devices that can inject air-fuel mixture into the combustion chamber

1. Oct 7, 2010 #1
    hey,
    I need all the help i can get on this one....... can u guys tell me if there is any device that can be used instead of an ordinary fuel injector since i want it to be able to inject an air-fuel mixture. since the normal injector cant inject air i desperately need another device.

please do help!!!!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2010 #2
    Pretty hard to inject fuel and air at the same time considering the large volume of air needed by the engine. What's wrong with using a conventional intake stroke? That's exactly what it does and it seems to work very, very well!

4. Oct 9, 2010 #3
  5. Oct 10, 2010 #4

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Some gas engines use port injection; these injectors should be able to cope with air with fuel in suspension. For use in-cylinder you are going to struggle if you're planning to use 'conventional' cylinder pressures.

6. Oct 10, 2010 #5
    Do you have any examples of the injectors that you're thinking of, brewnog?

7. Oct 11, 2010 #6

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

None that I should talk about, sorry. They're out there though!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?