1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dew point and exhaust temperature

1. Nov 17, 2014 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I'm trying to find some information on "How does the dew point control the exhaust temperature of a thermodynamic cycle?"

2. Relevant equations
    "The dew point is the temperature at which the water vapor in a sample of air at constant barometric pressure condenses into liquid water at the same rate at which it evaporates."

3. The attempt at a solution
    I haven't really found anything on this yet.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 17, 2014 #2

rude man

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

All I can observe is that the enthalpy (heat content) of moist air (higher dew point) is higher than that of dry air (lower dew point) at the same temperature. This means that the same amount of heat removed from a given mass of air will drop the air temperature less if the dew point is higher. Which is why air conditioners have to work harder in moist air than in dry for the same indoor-outdoor temperature differential.

Get a psychrometric chart sometime which will give you that data.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted