Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Did anyone watch Fringe show tonight?

1. Sep 9, 2008 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Did anyone watch this tv show tonight? It had a scene about an immersion tank that reminded me of the William Hurt movie "Altered States". I will be back after Andrew Zimmern's season premiere with more, but here are a few clips from Altered States.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCL5l_8LAj4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpW1O8iOTqE

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 9, 2008 #2
    Re: Fringe

I saw a few of the trailers, but didn't see it.

4. Sep 9, 2008 #3

I just turned it on, already missed the first twenty minutes of it though

5. Sep 9, 2008 #4

Okay, they just shot her up with LSD and stuck her into the tank. Everything went black then there was a picture of an apple and then commercials started. was the apple a commercial or part of the show?

6. Sep 9, 2008 #5

Evo

They actually tell you when the commercials start and how many seconds you have 60, 90, etc... before the show returns. Pay attention. :biggrin:

Anyway, there will be a repeat of the premiere on Sunday. Looks like it might be an interesting science fiction show. I'll be watching next tuesday for the second episode to see what it's like.

7. Sep 9, 2008 #6

they didn't say anything before the apple, the next commercial showed a frog and they said something. This commercial they didn't say anything , but showed a hand print with six fingers. I take that back they said 30 seconds, ohh 30 seconds is up

8. Sep 9, 2008 #7

frog again. and didnt say anything.

9. Sep 9, 2008 #8

Evo

Mine had leaves and they told me how long I had.

10. Sep 9, 2008 #9

I can't keep track of all this stuff. Isn't the lady a bit of a slut? her boyfriend is dead less than five hours and she's already flirting with someone else.

11. Sep 9, 2008 #10

the leaf with a triangle was the last one

12. Sep 9, 2008 #11

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The first scene: she's with her boyfriend in bed.

A few minutes later, in a different scene: she tells him she loves him. My first thought: Oh that guy is sooooo gonna die.

A few minutes after that: he gets killed.

:rolleyes:

Edit: Oops - he didn't die. About the show... well, I didn't get that "X Files" feel from it.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  13. Sep 9, 2008 #12

Evo

Yeah, but he was "evil".

Did I miss the explanation of how he came out of the coma and knew about the guy that blew him up and where he was?

14. Sep 10, 2008 #13

Evo

Yeah, he died, the show ended with him being dead for 5 hours, if you caught all of the show, you know what that means...:eek:

15. Sep 10, 2008 #14

You can watch the first episode on line Here

16. Sep 14, 2008 #15

Well I just watched the encore. It looks pretty good. Kinda makes me wish that I knew more chemistry (never really liked chemistry).

Unfortunately, I've got a class until 9 on Tuesdays and won't be able to see the episodes until after they've aired.

The intro to the next episode looks kinda interesting...

17. Sep 14, 2008 #16

I watched it from larkspur's link. I thought it was pretty lame. Although the blond is kinda hot.

18. Sep 14, 2008 #17

I had my firefox window minimized when I went to watch television. I watched Fringe and got freaked out by next week's sneak peek. When I came back to my computer it said "Fringe-Mozilla Fire..." down in the tool bar and I thought what the heck? but it was just this thread.

19. Sep 15, 2008 #18

Evo

I haven't seen the sneak peak of tomorrow night's episode, I heard it looks good.

20. Sep 16, 2008 #19

Evo

[​IMG]

Oh boy!!!

The season premiere of House is tonight followed by Fringe.

21. Sep 16, 2008 #20

Evo

Fringe was good. Yes, it's outlandish, it's science fiction, but it's done well. I can't say the same for the recent made for tv movie "Ba'Al, the storm god" on the science channel a few days ago. I couldn't stomach it, it was just SO BAD. I mean BAD. Like, REALLY BAD.

House was a disappointment after such an awesome season finale, but I won't give it away for those that haven't seen it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?