Did You Know the Number Pi is Found in Pie?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BryceMaclaren
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
22 replies · 6K views
BryceMaclaren
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Has anyone ever realized this?

[PLAIN]http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kpj6vvZeS31qzfxk8o1_400.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org


YES!

2010-05-16%2011.05.00.jpg


Once you see it, you'll sh*t bricks!
 


I tried to get that as a vanity plate... taken for DECADES. It's very cool however.
 


Drakkith said:
Yet Pie < Cake.

...sigh. We've had this out before, somewhere on this forum, and we came to the opposite conclusion. This graph says it all:

21e7wvr.jpg


You just can't do that with cake!
 


lisab said:
...sigh. We've had this out before, somewhere on this forum, and we came to the opposite conclusion. This graph says it all:

21e7wvr.jpg


You just can't do that with cake!

What, you can't cut a cake into segments?

I now have this image in my head of you sitting there with a whole cake in your hand, nibbling away.
 


jarednjames said:
What, you can't cut a cake into segments?

I now have this image in my head of you sitting there with a whole cake in your hand, nibbling away.

HA! Oh god..., and I quote (horribly out of context) Lisab in another thread: "4.4 pounds isn't a lot of [marijuana]..."

It's all falling into place... the community spirit, the green woodsy avatar, the laid back demeanor, the love of whole cakes and custard pies?!

J'accuse!
 


nismaratwork said:
HA! Oh god..., and I quote (horribly out of context) Lisab in another thread: "4.4 pounds isn't a lot of [marijuana]..."

It's all falling into place... the community spirit, the green woodsy avatar, the laid back demeanor, the love of whole cakes and custard pies?!

J'accuse!

Somebodies been rumbled!
 


Oh my...apparently I've been incorrect my whole life...Pie was won out!

See here: http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/39/2010/04/jezebel_dessert_bracket3_final2.jpg

Couldn't attach to the thread for some reason.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


nismaratwork said:
HA! Oh god..., and I quote (horribly out of context) Lisab in another thread: "4.4 pounds isn't a lot of [marijuana]..."

It's all falling into place... the community spirit, the green woodsy avatar, the laid back demeanor, the love of whole cakes and custard pies?!

J'accuse!

You got nothin' on me...it's all lies and conjecture :-p!
 


jarednjames said:
What, you can't cut a cake into segments?

I now have this image in my head of you sitting there with a whole cake in your hand, nibbling away.

:smile:
 


leroyjenkens said:
What does 3.14 have to do with pie?

True, would have been better if they'd stopped at 3.1. Nice catch.

I think I'd have been a bit more amazed if they'd got the pi symbol out of it.
 


BryceMaclaren said:
Has anyone ever realized this?

[PLAIN]http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kpj6vvZeS31qzfxk8o1_400.jpg[/QUOTE]

Nice.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


lisab said:
You got nothin' on me...it's all lies and conjecture :-p!

Sorry, all I could hear was the sound of a water-pipe and you coughing and giggling... one more time? :wink:
 


Drakkith said:
Oh my...apparently I've been incorrect my whole life...Pie was won out!

See here: http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/39/2010/04/jezebel_dessert_bracket3_final2.jpg

Couldn't attach to the thread for some reason.

Cheesecake. The worst name for the best cake. I recall the first time I was offered cheesecake and thinking it was going to be a strange mix of cheddar, sponge, icing and cream. I ventured to have some anyway; I was always an adventurous child when it came to food!
 
Last edited by a moderator:


I'm sorry, at this point in my life I'm like a trained seal; I hear, "cheesecake" and I perk up and look around for treats.
 


leroyjenkens said:
What does 3.14 have to do with pie?

Is this a level, or are you actually that much of a buzzkill?
 


xxChrisxx said:
Is this a level, or are you actually that much of a buzzkill?

*cough* buzzkill *cough*