Differential cross sections in Pythia

Dear Users,

I would like to ask you how can I plot d_sigma/d_omega and d_sigma/d_theta for any collision (for instance, proton and proton) using pythia event generator. I would be greatful if you could tell me how make it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Kind regards.

Answers and Replies

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
What you ask is very, very, very broad. Like "Can you show me how to do my taxes in Excel?"

I only ask you to show me absolutely any example with the code how to output the distribution of d_sigma/d_omega and d_sigma / d_theta from the event number or all at once. What variable or method gives the value of d_sigma/d_omega and d_sigma / d_theta for particles that are formed as a result of the reaction?

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Your question is still very, very broad. It is very unlikely that someone will have code that does exactly what you want (especially given how broad the question is) and unlikelier still that someone will write it for you.

Your question is still very, very broad. It is very unlikely that someone will have code that does exactly what you want (especially given how broad the question is) and unlikelier still that someone will write it for you.
I understand it. Do you know what variable or method gives the value of d_sigma/d_omega and d_sigma / d_theta for particles that are formed as a result of the reaction?

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Well, you're getting better. And the answer is "none". That's not what Pythia does. Have you read the manual?