Difficulty of getting into top colleges

• Schools
  • Thread starter jamalkoiyess
  • Start date
Hello PF,
Can anyone tell me how hard it is for anyone to join MIT or Harvard for exemple in engineering or physics for graduate studies?

Answers and Replies

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
2019 Award
Hard. (Not sure what else to say)

Likes jamalkoiyess and Joshy
According to gradschoolshopper.com, which is a resource for physics graduate schools, MIT's acceptance rate is 9.87%, and Harvard's is 11.3%, and also consider that only the top students apply (presumably). I don't know how else to quantify "how hard it is".

Likes jamalkoiyess
According to gradschoolshopper.com, which is a resource for physics graduate schools, MIT's acceptance rate is 9.87%, and Harvard's is 11.3%, and also consider that only the top students apply (presumably). I don't know how else to quantify "how hard it is".
So fast answer : dont even try . Right ?

jtbell
Mentor
If you don't apply, your "acceptance rate" is 0%, right? :biggrin:

However, considering you're only 17 (according to your profile), I think it is way too early to start stressing out over graduate school. First get into a university for undergraduate physics and see if you still even like physics after studying at that level for a couple of years.

Yeah, but applying also costs money :frown:

Likes jamalkoiyess

However, considering you're only 17 (according to your profile), I think it is way too early to start stressing out over graduate school. First get into a university for undergraduate physics and see if you still even like physics after studying at that level for a couple of years.
I have been accepted to AUB and will do what u said thanks