Football Fever: Euro 2004 Recap and World Cup Predictions

• Thread starter Tsu
  • Start date
In summary, Dimitri's Graduation Party was a great success! The drinks were flowing and the music was pumping. Dimitri's friends showed up to celebrate with him, and he seemed to have a lot of fun.
i_wish_i_was_smart said:
for are you belgians, do you speak french or flammand, or both

I am from Belgium and my native language is Dutch (like you say : flammand). I also speak French and so does over 95% of the entire Belgian population...

greetz
marlon :cool:

Physics news on Phys.org
marlon said:
I am from Belgium and my native language is Dutch (like you say : flammand). I also speak French and so does over 95% of the entire Belgian population...

greetz
marlon :cool:
je fesait just demander quel langue maternel que les belges on sur se forum, jai un ami belge, et mon frere est alle en belgique avec son ami, alors je ne suis pas ignorant de vous, et j'essaille le mieu que possible de suivre le foot belge parce que vous avez de bonnes equipes, ALLER ANDERLECHT

That is terrible. Foot lover spread all over the world. Is it some kind of virus ? :tongue:

nope, just the most popular, played,watch sport in the world, Zidane i have to say is my Fav player

Les équipes belges n'ont jamais atteint de grandes prestations sur le niveau international. Seulement une demi-finale contre l'Argentine en 1986. Quand même on avait un vrai génie "dans le but" a ce temps là. Tu connais son nom : Jean Mari Pfaff. Je te raconte une p'tite coïncidence : Pfaff habite en Belgique dans une ville qui s'appelle Braschaat. Il y a beaucoup de gens riches qui habitent là-bas. Les parents de ma fille (si tu veux voir sa (de ma fille, hmm) photo, regarde au member photo thread) sont les VOISINS de Pfaff et donc par conséquence j'ai eu l'honneur et le plaisir de pouvoir le rencontrer et bavarder. Je t'assure il est extrèmement sympa et down to earth. Pas the caprices, tu vois...

à la prochaine

marlon

humanino said:
You guys are hilarious :rofl:
Dimitri, you saw attractive women following physics lectures ? So Europe really rules !

Well, there was one or two good-looking once attending the lectures. Only I tend to stay clear of physics-people outside of class, I see enough of them there. The rest of the science faculty contains more then enough gorgeous women... (Biology & bio-engineering :tongue2: :biggrin: :cool: )

marlon said:
Les équipes belges n'ont jamais atteint de grandes prestations sur le niveau international. Seulement une demi-finale contre l'Argentine en 1986. Quand même on avait un vrai génie "dans le but" a ce temps là. Tu connais son nom : Jean Mari Pfaff. Je te raconte une p'tite coïncidence : Pfaff habite en Belgique dans une ville qui s'appelle Braschaat. Il y a beaucoup de gens riches qui habitent là-bas. Les parents de ma fille (si tu veux voir sa (de ma fille, hmm) photo, regarde au member photo thread) sont les VOISINS de Pfaff et donc par conséquence j'ai eu l'honneur et le plaisir de pouvoir le rencontrer et bavarder. Je t'assure il est extrèmement sympa et down to earth. Pas the caprices, tu vois...

à la prochaine

marlon
ah mes ca c'est chouette alors, hehe je parle pas de meme d'habitude, je suis canadien quand meme, hehe mais ca du etre tripant de pouvoir le recontrer, je sais vous n'avait pas des equipe super mondial, mes cest ca que j'aime de vos equipe, se sont lest underdogs, des grosse ligue comme le champions league, pis tout ca

Dimitri Terryn said:
(Biology & bio-engineering :tongue2: :biggrin: :cool: )
Now that makes more sens to me :approve: :rofl:

And by the way : just kidding about the virus thing. I'm infected too, but not as badly as you guys :tongue2:
We were so bad in soccer lately :frown: :cry: :yuck: :eek:
You should have seen me during the Altanta olympics, almost never sleeping, reduced to a creepy approximate shape of human being, because I was so much into sport. And not in the bad way, not in the "Yeah ! Give me another beer at each action, buddy !" In the "I will be one of them once" way :approve:
Yet, I was creepy : no way to switch the TV on another channel, lost girlfriends for sport and did not even care about it, really spent like 10 hours a day playing basketball during holidays, covered my bedroom's wall with posters, refused to eat great food because of reduced fat program, saved money during so long only to get the last fancy expensive shoes, and so on. Should you have said once "sport is a virus" in my presence, should you not have said twice. Too much sport is dangerous for the brain, and violent reactions indicate high level of addiction :rofl: :biggrin: :tongue2: :tongue2:

marlon said:
(ma fille, hmm) photo, regarde au member photo thread)
Yeah, but we can't see her right, she is always hidden by some kind of bright thing,... Oh, that would be you :wink:

Seriously, we can't see her right :frown:

i_wish_i_was_smart said:
nope, just the most popular, played,watch sport in the world, Zidane i have to say is my Fav player

Garn, not Zidane! Henry my friend... HE is the man. va va voom!

Zidane ruled in 98...but is on his decline now. Used to be a time when I was quite crazy about soccer (football/futbol) : adored the likes of Pele, Cryuff, Platini and Beckenbauer (was never really fond of Maradona, especially after Mexico City) but now I've gotten sucked into the wormhole that is American Football...and there seems to be no way out ! :uhh:

jimmy p said:
you brits never seem to be on the right track, Zidane is still #1, and Beckham is over rated, now the greeks has gotten there stuff together, the italians are always on the prowl, ths spanish are starving beasts wanting a cup, the portugese are awesome underdogs, but thos is enough rambling for a kid born on ice with skates on his feet :biggrin:

jimmyp said:
Since there seems to be a lot of drunken-speaking here, and being only 15 I've never attended a real party before, I would like to draw attention to the fact that jimmyp has used the word Garn twice, in this thread and over here: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=6340

I tried googling the word but could not find any relevant information. I know it isn't a proper word because I've seen 'My Fair Lady', but what does it mean?

In case, you haven't noticed. I'm trying to type like a drunken person to join in all the merry-making. Thank you Dimitri for drawing attention to the fact that anyone over the age of 12 months can drink.

Hey! what is wrong with saying "garn"? It is perfectly acceptable.

i wish i was smart said:
you brits never seem to be on the right track, Zidane is still #1, and Beckham is over rated, now the greeks has gotten there stuff together, the italians are always on the prowl, ths spanish are starving beasts wanting a cup, the portugese are awesome underdogs, but thos is enough rambling for a kid born on ice with skates on his feet

Zidane is a has-been, he can be great but not consistent. Beckham has been over-rated for a long time. He is a lame-ass untalented fool. Bring on Shaun Wright-Phillips. The Greeks impressed in Euro 2004 but have you seen them play for the World Cup qualifiers? Spain won't win the WC for ages. Portugal ARE awesome underdogs. Thierry Henry is the MAN. He is #1. Pass me a beer.

Look guys nowadays there just ain't no real universal and consistent soccer-genius. The last one was Diego Armado Maradonna. Other players that belong in this list are Eusebio, Pele and Beckenbauer...

marlon

jimmy p said:
Hey! what is wrong with saying "garn"? It is perfectly acceptable.

Zidane is a has-been, he can be great but not consistent. Beckham has been over-rated for a long time. He is a lame-ass untalented fool. Bring on Shaun Wright-Phillips. The Greeks impressed in Euro 2004 but have you seen them play for the World Cup qualifiers? Spain won't win the WC for ages. Portugal ARE awesome underdogs. Thierry Henry is the MAN. He is #1. Pass me a beer.
i never said the spaniards were going to win the world cup, i haven't seen greece play since Euro since I GET NO ****ING COVERAGE OF IT OUT HERE, not proper coverage out here anyways