Good books to learn the mathematics of the resolvent

  • Thread starter Thread starter SamuraiJack
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Book
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
SamuraiJack
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Does anyone know a good book to learn about the mathematics of the resolvent?

thnx, the samurai.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks, however I want to learn about its application in quantum mechanics. The books I read so far have only poor details about it. if Ill ask mathematicians about it, Ill get symbols that I wouldn't understand ;-)
 
SamuraiJack said:
Thanks, however I want to learn about its application in quantum mechanics. The books I read so far have only poor details about it. if Ill ask mathematicians about it, Ill get symbols that I wouldn't understand ;-)

Do you mean the complement to the spectrum?? Can you tell us what you mean with resolvent?