Pleasant car horn design for better driving

  • Thread starter Thread starter jack action
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Car
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Messages
3,648
Reaction score
10,067
TL;DR
A car horn for every need
I usually find new ideas being only useless gadgets. But this, I could go for it, so I'm promoting it.



source: https://www.facebook.com/MarkRoberYouTube/videos/1254798328186209/​
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ranger Mike, DaveE and Lnewqban
Physics news on Phys.org
Nice, I was expecting some weird sound and not the proverbial chirp.

I wonder if drivers will feel that they ran over something or they backed into something.
 
Last edited:
Great idea! It does cost money to put a button in though; people would have to want it. Many modern cars can already make a similar sound, like when you lock your car, for instance.

It seems like an Arduino, PA, and speaker is overkill though. I bet I could do it with a 555 timer, a power transistor and the existing horn.