1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dissertation guidance -- Non-linear Diff. Eqs and Photosynthesis

1. Jul 12, 2014 #1

wel

Gold Member

Hi everyone.
    I am doing research about what happens to light energy after it has been absorbed by a leaf but before it has been used in the photosysnthetic reactions. For that I need to use system of 3 nonlinear ordinary differential equations.

My dissertation title is : A hybrid numerical scheme for a system of nonlinear ordinary differential equations.
    A Model from the paper: A simple model of light use in Photosystem II
    Background of model: Dynamic flow of light energy through photosystem II under light changing condtions.

This is my first time writing dissertation, so i am having problem how to structure my project because some how i have to link up dissertation title and model of paper together properly. how can i use system of nonlinear ordinary differential equations in simple model of light use in Photosystem II? it can be either with numerical results or analytic solutions.

Has someone done this kind of research before? any good reference/books will be useful for me.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 12, 2014 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Have you looked for similar papers or asked your prof for some advice?

The arxiv.org is a good place to find scientific papers. There is a section on Qualitative Biology where people talk about modeling various kinds of biological systems:

http://www.mnh.si.edu/vtp/1-desktop/

4. Jul 13, 2014 #3

wel

Gold Member

I can not find any scientific papers from your link. A paper is from thins model: simple model of light use in Photosystem II.

Reference: A. Porcar-Castell, J. Back, E. Juurola, and P. Hari. Dynamics of the energy flow through photosystem ii under changing light conditions: a model approach. Functional Plant Biol-
    ogy, 33(3) : pp229 pp239; 2006.

5. Jul 13, 2014 #4

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook