Distance a rotating turnable moves

  • Thread starter Thread starter preluderacer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Rotating
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
preluderacer
Messages
83
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


The radius of a rotating turntable is 2.2 m. If it turns through an angle of 1.1 radians, through what distance does a point on the edge move?


The Attempt at a Solution



I can't find an equation that will give me the distance. Is this like 2 parts or am I just blind to see this equation?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
do you know the equation for the circumference of a circle?
 
Ok I got the circumference do I just multiply it by the radians?
 
What would you do if it was degrees instead of radians?

(degrees turned)/(total degrees possible 360) x circumference

Now replace the degree portion with a Radian equivalent.