Do entangled particles always react in an anti-symmetric way?

• B
  • Thread starter Jerome71
  • Start date
Jerome71
TL;DR Summary
do (intrinsically) entangled particles always react in the opposite way?

Answers and Replies

Jerome71
Part of the design of my logo is to overlapping elements. If one goes white, the other goes black, if one turns round, the turns into a square. Because my assumption is that something in quantum works anti-symetric to each other. Is my assumption right?

once particles are (intrinsically) entangled do they always react in the opposite way/ anti-symetric to each other?
It depends on the kind of particle and the specific entangled state they are in.

Jerome71
Peter, thank you so much for your reply!

I have made a video:

trying to explain the logo we created for our Quantum client. In point 1 I make this statement which is not correct.

Do you have an idea what to say here about their relationship othter then "Remotely entangled particles that are intrinsically linked with and interact to each other." I hope something that could say somethting like "the opposite/ anti-symetric" with maybe the word "in most/ some cases"). But is that correct?

Thnx again for your time.

Do you have an idea what to say here about their relationship othter then "Remotely entangled particles that are intrinsically linked with and interact to each other."
Even that's not strictly correct. The only strictly correct thing you can say about entangled particles, at the level of detail you are using, is that they are entangled. Pretty much anything else you come up with in words will be wrong. The really correct way to describe the actual physics is with math, not words.

DrChinese
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Do you have an idea what to say here about their relationship othter then "Remotely entangled particles that are intrinsically linked with and interact to each other." I hope something that could say somethting like "the opposite/ anti-symetric" with maybe the word "in most/ some cases"). But is that correct?
As PeterDonis rightly says, most words about entangled particles fall flat. A few comments can be added. Assuming that the the entangled system of 2 particles has the anti-symmetric type of entanglement:

1. It is not true that the particles always react in opposite ways. You can do all kinds of things to one, and the other will not show ANY connection.

2. There are some other situations in which it *appears* that doing something to one causes a related (but oppositied) action on the other. However, this is something of an illusion, and is subject to being interpreted many different ways. Those interpretations are in fact called "quantum interpretations" and there is a subforum here devoted to discussing that subject.

Suggested for: Do entangled particles always react in an anti-symmetric way?

• Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies