Do I have to finish the BS degree before applying for a Masters?

  • Topic: Admissions 
  • Thread starter Thread starter KCL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Degree Masters
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
KCL
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Or can I do it while I'm starting my last semester or so?

And if the answer is yes, would it hurt my chances?


The plan right now is to graduate with a Computer Science degree in summer 2010, and I'd like to start studying for a Masters in fall 2010 if possible. Thanks for any help. :)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You typically apply for graduate programs the last year of your undergrad degree - so you'd apply in the fall as a senior. You don't need to have the degree in hand, but you do need to complete the bachelors before entering the masters program.
 
I'll be graduating with a BS in physics this coming spring, but I plan to start applying to graduate school sometime in December. My understanding is that this is a pretty standard thing to do.
 
its comparable to applying to college your last year of high school