Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do you know Dragan Hajdukovic's models work?

1. Dec 3, 2014 #1
    Hi, I have been reading a number of papers by Dragan Hajdukovic's on his work related to models for dark matter. How mainstream / well regarded is his work / models?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 3, 2014 #2

Chalnoth

Science Advisor

In general it is considered highly unlikely that any non-particle dark matter model is going to work (that is, anything but a weakly-interacting particle with non-zero mass and low temperature). It's really, really difficult for anything but a dark matter model to fit observations of galaxies, galaxy clusters, and the CMB together. The CMB is especially important here.

Has Hajdukovic estimated a CMB temperature power spectrum for his model? If he hasn't, I wouldn't give the model any credence at all.

Edit: I should add that I see no reason (yet) to believe that he's anything but a good theorist. It's just that there's a diversity of theoretical ideas, and most turn out to be incorrect.

4. Dec 3, 2014 #3
    Understood, and thanks, Chalnoth.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook