Do you think that Grassmann used to smoke grass?

Answers and Replies

MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
...Oh. I was hoping for a good joke. :rolleyes:
It made me smile, and that's what count anyways.

this not a really good one neither : a physicist and a mathematician have to solve a problem for a peasant. He wants to make a park for his sheeps as optimized as possible.
The physicist comes and make a circle fence saying this is the biggest area for this length of fence. The mathematician take 3 sticks and put them around him and then says : i define the exterior as the place where i am so the sheeps are inside the fence.

this not a really good one neither : a physicist and a mathematician have to solve a problem for a peasant. He wants to make a park for his sheep as optimized as possible.
The physicist comes and make a circle fence saying this is the biggest area for this length of fence. The mathematician take 3 sticks and put them around him and then says : i define the exterior as the place where i am so the sheep are inside the fence.
What's wrong with doing that? Seems reasonable to me. :tongue:

I read that one on the net : how you can check the optical doppler effect : go to the street by night you see that when the car is approaching the light is white, and when going away it's red.