Does a low brick wall need to rest on top of beams for proper support?

  • Thread starter Thread starter HarryKoh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Beams Wall
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
HarryKoh
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Hey guys!

Supposedly I will need to design a floor with slab, beams and columns. Brickwall should rest on top of beam as possible. How about low wall, does it needs to rest on top of beams as well? Thanks!

Harry.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
HarryKoh said:
Supposedly
Well, if this is for your work, and I were your client and saw this I would be seriously worried.

Or if this is for schoolwork, I can delete this thread and you can re-post in the Homework Help forums, and you will show your work toward the solution. What's your pleasure?