Does anyone know how to solve i try to self learn?

• Thread starter sammy852
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Self
In summary, the equations used in this conversation were ΣF=ma, fk = μkN, fs ≤ μsN, and Fs = - kx. The first question asked to find m when ΣF is 10N and a=1 m/s^2. The second question provided values for ΣF, m, μk, and N, and asked to find a. In the third question, ΣF and a were given, and the first equation was used to find m in terms of T. The fourth question asked if the third equation is valid given values for ΣF, m, a, μs, and N. The fifth question asked to use the fourth equation to solve for
sammy852
The equations used are:
1)ΣF=ma
2)fk = μkN
3)fs ≤ μsN
4)Fs = - kx

Here are the questions:
1. If ΣF is 10N and a=1 m/s^2, find m using the first equation
2. Given ΣF = fk, m=250 kg, μk=0.2, and N = 10m, find a.
3. ΣF=T-10m, but a=0 m/s^2. Use the first equation to find m in terms of T.
4. Given the following values, determine if the third equation is valid. ΣF =fs, m=90kg, and a=2 m/s^2. Also, μs=0.1 and N=5N.
5. Use the 4th equation to solve for F, if k=900 N/m and x=0.15m
6. Use this equation ( vf=v0+at) and (ΣF=ma) find ΣF when m=12kg, vo= 15m/s,vf=5/ms and x=0.15m

Physics news on Phys.org
Well let's start with the first problem,

You know:
ΣF = 10N
a = 1 m/s^2
m = ?

And better yet, you know you have to use ΣF = m*a

Are you familiar with how to solve for a variable in an algebraic equation?

For example, can you solve for x in this equation?

6x = 52

1. How do I start self-learning?

The first step in self-learning is to identify the topic or subject you want to learn. Then, gather resources such as books, online courses, or tutorials to guide you. Set specific goals and create a study schedule to keep yourself motivated and on track.

2. What are some effective self-learning strategies?

Some effective self-learning strategies include breaking down the material into smaller and manageable chunks, taking breaks and reviewing the material periodically, practicing with hands-on activities, and seeking help or feedback from others.

3. How do I stay motivated when self-learning?

Staying motivated while self-learning can be challenging, but setting realistic goals, rewarding yourself for progress, and finding a support system or study group can help. It's also important to take breaks, have a positive mindset, and remind yourself of the benefits of learning the subject.

4. How do I measure my progress when self-learning?

There are several ways to measure your progress when self-learning. You can take practice quizzes or tests, track your understanding of the material by summarizing or teaching it to someone else, and set specific goals that you can check off as you achieve them.

5. What are the benefits of self-learning?

Self-learning has many benefits, including the ability to learn at your own pace, the development of self-discipline and critical thinking skills, and the opportunity to explore and learn about topics that interest you. It also promotes independence and can lead to personal and professional growth.