Does my blood type collaborate with my personality?

In summary, people might use the term "cold blooded" to describe someone who is ruthless, uncaring, or does not empathize well in a certain situation. It's not an actual reflection of a person's blood temperature. And it's often meant to characterize the nature of the argument a person is making, rather than the person making it.
Jacinta
So I was arguing with this person online about something and then all of a sudden they decide to throw out something along the lines of "you're so cold-blooded". They were correct. In school we were always taught your average body temperature is 37 Degrees Celsius but mine is like 36. Therefore my blood is in fact colder than average. But how would someone I don't even know online would know? Is my personality very cold-blooded? How do i make my cold-bloodedness less obvious and more warm-blooded? Will my bloodtype change when i change my personality?

Physics news on Phys.org
Jacinta said:
So I was arguing with this person online about something and then all of a sudden they decide to throw out something along the lines of "you're so cold-blooded". They were correct. In school we were always taught your average body temperature is 37 Degrees Celcius but mine is like 36. Therefore my blood is in fact colder than average. But how would someone I don't even know online would know? Is my personality very cold-blooded? How do i make my cold-bloodedness less obvious and more warm-blooded? Will my bloodtype change when i change my personality?

Do you always take things so literally?

If they instead said "You are such a snake!", do you turn into a slithering reptile?

Zz.

Likes russ_watters and Jacinta
ZapperZ said:
Do you always take things so literally?

If they instead said "You are such a snake!", do you turn into a slithering reptile?

Zz.

I almost got a corn snake once.
And once this person at a pet shop came up to me and asked me whether i wanted to keep a snake around my neck. Weird.

Jacinta said:
I almost got a corn snake once.
And once this person at a pet shop came up to me and asked me whether i wanted to keep a snake around my neck. Weird.

You didn't answer my questions.

Zz.

Likes Vanadium 50
Collaborate?

36 deg C is on the low end of the normal adult body temperature range.the normal considered to be about 36.8 deg C.

Vanadium 50 said:
Collaborate?
Correlate?

I suspect this is an issue of an expression getting lost in translation.

In English, the term "cold blooded" is often used to characterize someone who is ruthless, uncaring, or does not empathize well in a certain situation. It draws a metaphorical comparison of the person to a reptile or dinosaur. It's not an actual reflection of a person's blood temperature. And often it's meant to characterize the nature of the argument a person is making, rather than the person making it.

Just so you know, body temperature of 36 degrees is not that low. Caucasians tend to have higher temperature of around 37 deg. Mongoloids tend to have lower temperature of low 36 deg. You don't need to worry. My body temperature is typically 36.4 and I'm Japanese.

EDIT: Actually I just found out that Japanese are rare exception. The way they measure their temperature is different (armpit) than most of other western countries (under the tongue). Armpit is typically lower than under the tongue. It also depends on the time of the day. If you measure in the morning, it's going to be low.

I remember back in elementary school in the US, when I measured my temp armpit in the morning before school and told the nurse at school. The nurse was a bit worried that my temp was a bit too low (35.6 deg).

Last edited:
Likes Grands
Are you around 15? You are still growing, your body temperature might increase in the next few years, for many reasons. Your hormones can cause drastic shifts away from normal temps, like the days in ovulation or days in menstruation (my lower belly skin temp is very high during). And, if you ever get pregnant, it could run very high the duration! Then menopause and stuff. Once you hit mid 20's you'll probably have more fat on you, so that might increase it.

You want to be a little warmer to people? Don't change yourself just to fit their expectations. You will find that being nice to everyone makes you vulnerable and you would quickly become obligated to every person around you. Wanna get run through and used? Obligate yourself to constantly juggling the caring and helping dozens of people at the same time, you will have no time to grow yourself as a person or do things that make you an individual. While most people won't take advantage of your kindness and you might enjoy helping most of them; however statistically, the more people you open yourself up to, the more likely you could be hurt.

Learn to sharpen your blade and keep up your shield, lest the thousands of men you will have to deal with, all day long, by the time you hit your mid-20's will consistently and instantly try to obligate you to them. Strangers, all day long, might demand you give them your energy and time. Don't let them accuse you of being cold-hearted when you don't give them what they want. I have had them get very indignant because I wouldn't stop and give them attention. Save your kindness and compassion for the people you have determined deserve it. Not spreading yourself out to everyone means that those closest will receive a concentrated form of care and love.

You don't have to be like other females, do you understand that? Not putting on a show of kindness and warmth towards every human being you encounter doesn't actually make you less feminine. It can actually keep you more wholesome and more youthful for longer!

Keep on arguing, too, to keep your mind sharp. Expect people to not like you. Just do what comes naturally.

Blood typing can change under a few circumstances. For instance, I am O-, but tested as + in the first 8 weeks of my pregnancy. The same happened with my little sister. Blood typing cannot determine personality. However, sudden large deviations from normal temps may collaborate with your other body functions and result in temporary personality changes, like an enormous mood swing or something. :)

Jacinta said:
So I was arguing with this person online about something and then all of a sudden they decide to throw out something along the lines of "you're so cold-blooded". They were correct. In school we were always taught your average body temperature is 37 Degrees Celsius but mine is like 36. Therefore my blood is in fact colder than average. But how would someone I don't even know online would know? Is my personality very cold-blooded? How do i make my cold-bloodedness less obvious and more warm-blooded? Will my bloodtype change when i change my personality?
This was hilarious. Please do not take things so literally. Needless to say blood-type and body temperature do not "collaborate" with your personality.

Or maybe because she's in Pluto, though I would expect her to have a body temperature of much lower than 36 degs. :eek:

1. What is the correlation between blood type and personality?

There have been many studies conducted to explore the potential relationship between blood type and personality. Some research suggests that there may be a link between certain blood types and specific traits, but this is not supported by strong evidence and remains a controversial topic.

2. Can my blood type determine my behavior?

There is no scientific evidence to support the idea that blood type can determine or predict behavior. Personality is influenced by a variety of factors, including genetics, environment, and life experiences. While some cultures may believe in the concept of "blood type personality," it is not supported by scientific research.

3. Does my blood type affect my compatibility with others?

Blood type is not a determining factor in compatibility with others. Compatibility is influenced by a variety of factors, such as communication, shared values, and mutual respect. Blood type should not be used as a basis for judging or forming relationships with others.

4. Is it possible to change my personality based on my blood type?

There is no evidence to suggest that blood type can be changed or that it can influence personality. Personality is a complex and multifaceted aspect of an individual and cannot be altered by something as simple as blood type.

5. Are there any health risks associated with certain blood types and personality?

There is no evidence to support a link between blood type and health risks. While some studies have suggested potential associations between blood type and certain health conditions, these findings have not been consistently replicated and more research is needed to establish any potential connections.