Does PV=nRT apply differently to gases in different cylinder volumes?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
momomo_mo
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
I want to ask if I have 2 cylinder container

1) 50 m3
2) 60 m3

If I inject the same no. of mole of gases into these containers respectively
when I apply PV=nRT
Is the volume in calculating the gases in these containers are the same??
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Somethings are missing in your post.
Are the containers initially empty?
Are they isolant (thermic)?
How the gases are injected? The injection process will change the temperature.
 
momomo_mo said:
I want to ask if I have 2 cylinder container

1) 50 m3
2) 60 m3

If I inject the same no. of mole of gases into these containers respectively
when I apply PV=nRT
Is the volume in calculating the gases in these containers are the same??
If the volume of the first container is 50 m^3 and the volume of the second is 60 m^3, I suppose the volumes of the gas are...
50 m^3 and 60 m^3!

(This is the easier problem I've ever solved!).