Does the Birth Control Pill have a long term effect on womens' mindset?

  • Topic: Medical 
  • Thread starter Thread starter synch
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3 replies · 433 views
synch
Messages
91
Reaction score
12
I gather that one of the drugs often used in the Pill is an estrogen with an added ethinyl group. From memory, drugs with ethinyl groups were typically designed to attach/react chemically to the receptor, as opposed to the usual simple reversible binding. Does that mean that over a decade or so of taking it, there is an accumulative effect ? Presumably the molecule crosses the blood-brain barrier .
 
Biology news on Phys.org
What specific pill are you talking about?

Also I think most drugs taken orally has to pass the BBB.
 
sbrothy said:
I mean is it *the* pill or the morning after one?
Yes , the regular contraceptive pill