Does this schedule seem like too much?

• Thread starter yeahman68
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Schedule
In summary, the speaker will be taking 16 credit hours this semester and will be taking Calc-Based Physics I, Organic Chemistry with Lab, Calculus 2, and Engineering Problem Solving and Programming. They believe it is a reasonable workload, but acknowledge that it may vary for different individuals based on their ability to handle pressure, time management skills, and familiarity with the material.
yeahman68
Looks like I'll be doing 16 credits hours this semester. I took Calc 2 this summer but unfortunately I didn't get the grade to receive a transfer credit, but I was close. These are the classes I'm taking.

Calc-Based Physics I (5 credits hours)
Organic Chemistry w/ Lab (4 credits hours)
Calculus 2(4 credits hours)
Engineering Problem Solving and Programming(3 credits hours)

What do you guys think?? Doable? I'm sure there are others here who've had way harder.

Physics news on Phys.org
I think so. You've already taken Calc 2, so it won't be like learning it for the first time, which will make that class much easier. If you've nervous about the workload, just make sure to prioritize and manage your time well. I've always found that doing as much of the homework as possible on the day it was assigned makes things flow a lot better, so you're not scrambling to get things done on the due date.

These types of questions are very hard to answer because your ability to cope with the workload is a function of a few VERY important variables

1) Your ability to cope with pressure
2) How much time your generally willing to spend
3) How comfortable you are with the material.

For example, a person who is familiar with mathematics can take a heavy workload in math classes because he has the foundations in check and that means everything else will come easier and faster. But a person who is not familiar with mathematics should definitely not take the same load.

You took calculus II, so your time sinks will be organic chem, physics I, & engineering problem solving.

It looks like a reasonable workload, but I can't say with certainty-- that differs from person to person.

1. Is this schedule realistic?

Determining if a schedule is realistic depends on a variety of factors such as individual capabilities, time management skills, and workload. It's important to assess your own capabilities and prioritize tasks to determine if the schedule is achievable.

2. Will following this schedule lead to burnout?

Burnout can occur when an individual is consistently overwhelmed and lacks balance in their life. It's important to incorporate breaks and self-care into your schedule to prevent burnout. If you feel like the schedule is too much, it's important to reassess and make necessary adjustments.

3. How can I make this schedule more manageable?

To make a schedule more manageable, it's important to prioritize tasks and eliminate any unnecessary or low-priority tasks. It's also important to delegate tasks when possible and communicate with others about your workload.

4. What are the potential consequences of having too much on my schedule?

Having too much on your schedule can lead to increased stress, fatigue, decreased productivity, and potential burnout. It's important to make sure your schedule allows for enough rest and self-care to prevent these consequences.

5. How can I determine if this schedule is too much for me?

To determine if a schedule is too much for you, pay attention to your physical and mental well-being. If you feel consistently overwhelmed, exhausted, or have trouble completing tasks, it may be a sign that the schedule is too much for you. It's important to reassess and make necessary adjustments to maintain a healthy balance.