Does this soda can anti-gravity trick have any validity?

• Thread starter MagikRevolver
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Anti-gravity
In summary, the conversation involved a video of a man supposedly levitating a dime using batteries, a CD, a phone, and a Pepsi can. The validity of this trick was questioned and it was suggested that it may be possible through exploitation of the Casimir effect, a physical force between objects due to resonance of zero point energy. However, the use of magic wax and invisible string was also mentioned as a possible explanation. Clarification was requested on the matter as no definite answer could be found.
MagikRevolver
I saw a trick were a guy supposedly levitated a dime with batteries, a cd, a phone, and a pepsi can. I see no reason to believe this is possible, but I'd like to find out if it is. The video is http://www.break.com/index/anti_gravity_trick.html I would appreciate some clarification on this matter, I can't find a definite answer anywhere. Except this "The only way this would be possible is through exploitation of the casimir effect, which is a physical force exerted between objects due to resonance of zero point energy between the objects. This would create atmospheric (atm) pressure which would push up on the object. Cell phone provides resonance, but it is not resonating zero point energy, the lowest possible energy of a quantum device. Unless in the bizarre coincidence that the resonance allowed electron flow between the 2 pairs of batteries, (cd and pepsi can acting as the resonators because of a cell phones transmission cycle). This would then allow zero point energy to be reached by increasing the distance between the two resonating devices." (Does it have validity) Please help me out on this one, I don't understand it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hint: "trick"

That's what I figured, strings attached.

he uses magic wax
and invisible string
which is like the thinest string you can buy

1. What is the soda can anti-gravity trick?

The soda can anti-gravity trick is a popular science experiment where a person balances a full or partially filled soda can on its side and seemingly defies gravity by moving the can in a circular motion without the liquid spilling out.

2. Is there any scientific basis for this trick?

No, there is no scientific basis for this trick. It is simply an optical illusion created by the combination of the can's shape, the liquid's surface tension, and the rotational force applied by the person's hand.

3. Can anyone perform this trick?

Yes, anyone can perform this trick with a little practice and the right conditions. It requires a level surface, a full or partially filled can, and a rotational force applied at the right angle.

4. Are there any risks associated with this trick?

No, there are no risks associated with this trick as long as it is performed with caution and the can is not opened or shaken before attempting the trick.

5. Can this trick be used as evidence for anti-gravity technology?

No, this trick cannot be used as evidence for anti-gravity technology. It is simply a fun and harmless experiment that relies on basic principles of physics and does not defy the laws of gravity.