Don't complain if you didn't vote!

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
Pengwuino
Gold Member
heh, you hear about that republican who won the mayoral race in san diego. Has to deal with a $1.7 billion pension defecit or something like that....

Smurf said:
I think I've seen... two... political ads my entire life.
Oh wait.. three including the one I heard on the radio during my stay in Hawaii.
Here in the US, during presidential elections, you will probably see 3 political commercials per commercial break!

Pengwuino
Gold Member
mattmns said:
Here in the US, during presidential elections, you will probably see 3 political commercials per commercial break!

I remember seeing 7 in one break. I mean damn it, i didn't even know they shove 7 commercials down our throat in the first place.

Oh! And I got a phonecall from the liberals the day before the provincial elections. They asked me if they could "count on my support in the polls tomorrow".

I laughed at them. Then hung up.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Smurf said:
Oh! And I got a phonecall from the liberals the day before the provincial elections. They asked me if they could "count on my support in the polls tomorrow".
I laughed at them. Then hung up.

You mean they actually ask you a question?

You pick up the phone here... "hello?" "........*click*.... *weird bump sound*.... this is a message from the *enter dumb group*, we want you to vote no to *some proposition or candidate*"

Yeah... I got a real person too. It's much more satisfying when you get a person who's used to everyone being polite and stutters because he doesn't know what to say when you laugh in his face (or ear peice).

Pengwuino said:
heh, you hear about that republican who won the mayoral race in san diego. Has to deal with a $1.7 billion pension defecit or something like that....

I think they've gone through 3 mayors since the summer. Mayor O' The Week. Sucks too, thats the way the whole state is, from the People's Republic of Santa Cruz (where they took money for road and infrastructure repairs and spent it on public BICYCLE transportation, bikes that promptly disappeared into the hands of thieves.) to the Democratic Republic of Los Angeles. Not to mention the treasonous state legislators that serve Mexican interests more than californian ones.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
public bicycle transportation....

So they trust that no criminal will steal the bikes... but we can't be trusted with firearms?

bikes are a lot less dangerous than firearms Pengwuino...

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Smurf said:

You just don't understand....

Go back to your hump rock

Pengwuino said:
public bicycle transportation....

So they trust that no criminal will steal the bikes... but we can't be trusted with firearms?

That's California Democrats for you.

They also consider citizens of Mexico more important as constituents than their actual constituents. Take Loretta Brixey, who changed her name to Loretta Sanchez to make her seem like "una de La Raza" to racist immigrant groups.

Smurf said:

yeah but the bikes were all stolen within a week.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Well, everything has failed. And I mean everything. Liberal issues failed, conservative issues failed, pro-arnold issues failed, pro-environment issues failed, health care issues failed.

I wonder how many people actually voted.

Hmm... all this and no commentary on Prop 74 ! :cry:

Only 17 and I can't vote. If I could, I'd vote for any reasonable measure to improve the quality of California public school teachers.
Indeed, raising teacher's salaries will not introduce academic rigor and responsibility into the classroom.

And thus, I pity the administration when the certain teachers-----who do not really teach at all, inflate grades, and don't even ask their students to think-----walk out with others on strike. Those teachers don't deserve a raise; or even teach at a HS level.

Last edited:
-"Stupid voters, howcome so little people are voting for what's obviously right?"

"Did you vote"

-"no"

"stfu then"

I hope my state doesn't turn liberal anytime soon :uhh: O.O

Smurf said:

*tries extremely hard to not reply*

Ehh, sure they are more dangerous as in.... if a criminal has a firearm.... which most do. The problem is not when a good citizen has a firearm, which in California they don't.

Hmmmm

what sucks is I've been a Republican all my life, but I help the homeless, I'm pro choice. I keep getting more and more liberal in my way of thinking but Democrats are just such pussies it drives me nuts
I don't own a gun, but Id never want to take away people's guns I'm for the right to own a gun hell I'm for the right to shoot people that piss me off. america had what something like 10000 murders last year and England had 8? there is a connection

I'm not 18 yet but I agree, if you don't vote, don't complain. My teacher was talking about that and I still remember him saying such a thing to this day...I was in fourth grade when our teacher began talking about voting and he said his one friend was complaining about the President. When asked if he voted for the other candidate, his friend said no so he just told him to shut up. He felt that you only have the right to complain if you vote, otherwise you're just a lazy moron who didn't care enough to. *Shrugs*

the crazy thing is, this is America, you can speak up whether you voted or not. You can complain if you voted for that candidate or not. You can complain even if what you complain about is your fault

I agree with Tribdog. There's nothing wrong with not voting, and there's nothing wrong with complaining about the system. No matter what.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
I say there is, one can't demand change and then refuse to make that change happen and complain in the end. I guess people deserve it when they get pushed around and have their rights taken away then, you don't speak up, things happen.

first time in my life someone agrees with me and it has to be Smurf.

Pengwuino said:
I say there is, one can't demand change and then refuse to make that change happen and complain in the end. I guess people deserve it when they get pushed around and have their rights taken away then, you don't speak up, things happen.
Okay here's smurf to point out the obvious, once again:

He was speaking up. Then the professor told him to shut up.

this got his anger up. So he got up. picked his books up. flipped his finger up.
now he's going down

tribdog said:
the crazy thing is, this is America, you can speak up whether you voted or not. You can complain if you voted for that candidate or not. You can complain even if what you complain about is your fault

Yeah, it's quite obvious that anybody can complain.:uhh: The difference is, some make fools of themselves when doing it. The crazy thing is, this is America, we have rights other countries don't and yet some people can't be "bothered" to vote? Too busy? Too hard for them? Or just too lazy?:yuck: