Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Double major in genetics/biochem

1. Nov 23, 2005 #1
    I'm ready to go to college and pursue a double major in genetics/biochem (mostly genetics though), but after I graduate I was thinking of what I could do and there was two options that I liked the most.
    1 - graduate school for Genomics/Bioinformatics
    2 - graduate school for Astrobiology.

Now, astrobiology is a fairly new science, but it sounds interesting. I was wonder what were your thoughts on it (not particularly looking for advice, since I still havea long time ahead of me. just wanting to know what you guys thought about it).
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 23, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In my opinion, astrobiology is highly speculative field and it is just a reason that many researchers used to study life in extreme environment. However, the research done is quite interresting if you a passion for microbial life.

I know people that are looking at microbial diversity in the canadian high arctic. They are also working with NASA on some projects.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?