1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Double majoring in animal science and/or physics and engineering?

1. Dec 5, 2011 #1
    I have always had a love for animals (especially reptiles, I have 5 snakes) and animal science. Especially conservation. But I have also discovered that I have a love for physics and engineering. How many years of schooling are we talking here if I major in somekind of animal science (say, zoology) and/or physics and engineering? What kind of jobs could I get with these degrees? Maybe even a PhD? I'm a sophmore in highschool right now.

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 5, 2011 #2
    I'm probably not the best person to be answering this, but I'm kinda interested in this too. Engineering can be a difficult major and adding animal science to that could lead to a very stressful and busy schedule. That said I would imagine that such a combination would be very rewarding if that's where your passion lies. As for jobs: a mechanical/electrical engineer could probably find a niche in medicine, same goes for a chemical engineer, or if you went into computer science/engineering you could design software to track populations, run simulations, etc.
    just my two cents

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook