Drawing a ½”-13 UNC x 1-1/2” Cap Screw with Hex Nut and Plain Flat Washer

  • Thread starter Thread starter eurekameh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Drawing Screw
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 8K views
eurekameh
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
http://i46.tinypic.com/1zg877r.png

So I'm trying to draw a "½”-13 UNC x 1-1/2” long round head cap screw with hex nut and plain flat washer" and this is what I came up with. How do I draw it with the hex nut and the plain flat washer? What does it look like?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I did some google image searches on these terms:
cad drawing nut washer
cad screw nut washer
drawing screw nut washer​
Here are some things that turned up:

Scroll down to "Nuts and Washers" here

http://www.jayespace.com/engineering/images/1812_100_118-nut-bolt-third-angle-drawing.png
( ↑ at http://www.jayespace.com/engineering/chapter-hxq.html )

http://www.portlandbolt.com/image/products/full/clipped_washer_drawing.jpg

http://www.portlandbolt.com/image/products/full/jam_nut_drawing.jpg

hex-nut-cad.jpg


68-29122006-331857L.gif


Hope that helps!

p.s. I have replaced your wide image with a link to the image, since the wide image messes up the view of this discussion by requiring a horizontal scrollbar to read the text.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Also, several manufacturers and suppliers offer free downloadable CAD images of their fasteners. McMaster-Carr has a good selection, and the CAD files are available in a variety of formats.