Each dimension is perpendicular at all another

In summary: Michael,A line, square, cube and sphere are all geometric shapes that can be generated by rotating a set of base vectors. A reflection is an operation that is performed on an object and is not seen in the basis vectors themselves.
Hi Michael!

I am not sure what exactly you are trying to do.

Do you want to theorize what n-dimensional objects would behave or look like to our senses?

I don't know what good this would do.

We are only able to perceive three spatial dimensions (plus time of course, but since we are talking objects and I find it hard to add time-character to a cube, I'll leave it with 3D-space...)

But that doesn't mean, our senses leave us with any valid information about the "real" dimensionality of our universe.

It could be 11, it could be 1 or 2 "projected" to a 4D-spacetime - I think we don't really know yet (maybe just I don't know...)

It is simple but frustrating: we can only see, what we are able to see. We don't have any possibility to imagine, what something would look like.
We are not even able to imagine, how UV looks to insect-eyes, and that's just a few bits of wavelength up our capabilites.

So how can we try to visualize additional dimensions ?

I may be a little pragmatic here, but I really like to know what your idea is - and what it's good for...

Physics news on Phys.org
Muddler said:
Hi Michael!

I am not sure what exactly you are trying to do.

Do you want to theorize what n-dimensional objects would behave or look like to our senses?

I don't know what good this would do.

We are only able to perceive three spatial dimensions (plus time of course, but since we are talking objects and I find it hard to add time-character to a cube, I'll leave it with 3D-space...)

But that doesn't mean, our senses leave us with any valid information about the "real" dimensionality of our universe.

It could be 11, it could be 1 or 2 "projected" to a 4D-spacetime - I think we don't really know yet (maybe just I don't know...)

It is simple but frustrating: we can only see, what we are able to see. We don't have any possibility to imagine, what something would look like.
We are not even able to imagine, how UV looks to insect-eyes, and that's just a few bits of wavelength up our capabilites.

So how can we try to visualize additional dimensions ?

I may be a little pragmatic here, but I really like to know what your idea is - and what it's good for...
Hi Muddler,
I hope you have read this thread from a beginning.
I hope also you are agree the geometry of spacetime is not the static.

Michael F. Dmitriyev said:
Hi Muddler,
I hope you have read this thread from a beginning.
I hope also you are agree the geometry of spacetime is not the static.

Of course I agree that the geometry of spacetime is dynamic.
Still I am not understanding what you are trying to accomplish (and I really like to! Believe me! I like new ideas, especially if they are of such an imaginary power like yours!)

I have been wondering about the visualization of mulitdimensionality myself and I think I understand your image of the sphere as being the manifestation of 4+ dimensions.
Im just not sure about your idea of rotation being the adequate medium of additional dimensions.

If you have a 3D-object and you like to rotate it, you still have to describe the rotation in 3 dimensions or axis - that doesn't give it an additional dimension.

Sure, rotation is an operation, but I think it is essentially different from the process that creates a cube out of a square (by only rotating a square you don't get a cube, you have to offset and assemble it)

I agree that our "reality" is more like a movie than a picture, but you have to admit that a movie is made of single pictures. And even if our "pictures" are so infinitely small that we will never be able to catch them for sure, our understanding of physics is based on "single pictures" (an if it's just because you have to start calculating somewhere...)

I don't think a fundamental understanding of dynamic dimensionality can be reached without figuring out what distinct static states would look like.

And even these static multidimensional forms are something my mind is not able to visualize.

But please: I don't mean to offend you. I really like to understand your thoughts - but so far I just don't get it...

Muddler,

I did not want to repeat becoming banal philosophical sayings about variability of our world and a constant movement in it. This is an axiom and I have just applied it to geometry.
It was necessary to find conformity of real dynamic objects to the static objects of geometry. I think it was done by me. In the dynamic geometry of spacetime each dimension is the some action (force). For example, the line is an propagating point, the plane is an propagating line, etc. It means that 1D makes active 0D, 2D makes active 1D i.e. the following dimension is the time for previous. By analogy 4D is the time for 3D in the establishment physics. The principle of mutual perpendicularity of dimensions in a static geometry is the angular momentum in the dynamics . It results in rotation of objects. This a cause of the static square be transformed to a rotating circle ,and the static cube be transformed to a rotating sphere. I think, an attentive look at the nature will find enough acknowledgment of my correctness.

Regards.
Michael

As this a thread has been moved here from General Physics for a mention of the supreme spheres, then it is a good occasion to discuss this question here.
I suggest to make it from a such position:
higher dimension - more complex structure and movement.
So, what the supreme spheres (more then 4-D) are?

Michael F. Dmitriyev said:
As this a thread has been moved here from General Physics for a mention of the supreme spheres, then it is a good occasion to discuss this question here.
I suggest to make it from a such position:
higher dimension - more complex structure and movement.
So, what the supreme spheres (more then 4-D) are?

Gravitational Anomalies?

I can follow your thinking:) Tell me if supreme sphere is right in corresponding link?

Last edited:
<h2>1. What does it mean for each dimension to be perpendicular at all another?</h2><p>Perpendicularity refers to the relationship between two lines or planes that meet at a 90-degree angle. In the context of dimensions, it means that each dimension is at a right angle to all other dimensions.</p><h2>2. Why is it important for each dimension to be perpendicular?</h2><p>Perpendicular dimensions are essential in accurately representing and measuring objects in space. It allows for a clear and consistent understanding of the relationships between different dimensions and their orientations.</p><h2>3. How does the concept of perpendicular dimensions apply to our daily lives?</h2><p>Perpendicular dimensions are present in many aspects of our daily lives, from architecture and engineering to navigation and map-making. Understanding perpendicularity helps us visualize and create accurate representations of objects and spaces.</p><h2>4. Can there be more than three perpendicular dimensions?</h2><p>In our three-dimensional world, it is not possible for more than three dimensions to be perpendicular to each other. However, in theoretical mathematics and physics, the concept of perpendicularity can extend to higher dimensions.</p><h2>5. What would happen if dimensions were not perpendicular to each other?</h2><p>If dimensions were not perpendicular, it would lead to distorted and inaccurate representations of objects and spaces. This could result in errors and inconsistencies in measurements and calculations, making it difficult to understand and navigate our world.</p>

1. What does it mean for each dimension to be perpendicular at all another?

Perpendicularity refers to the relationship between two lines or planes that meet at a 90-degree angle. In the context of dimensions, it means that each dimension is at a right angle to all other dimensions.

2. Why is it important for each dimension to be perpendicular?

Perpendicular dimensions are essential in accurately representing and measuring objects in space. It allows for a clear and consistent understanding of the relationships between different dimensions and their orientations.

3. How does the concept of perpendicular dimensions apply to our daily lives?

Perpendicular dimensions are present in many aspects of our daily lives, from architecture and engineering to navigation and map-making. Understanding perpendicularity helps us visualize and create accurate representations of objects and spaces.

4. Can there be more than three perpendicular dimensions?

In our three-dimensional world, it is not possible for more than three dimensions to be perpendicular to each other. However, in theoretical mathematics and physics, the concept of perpendicularity can extend to higher dimensions.

5. What would happen if dimensions were not perpendicular to each other?

If dimensions were not perpendicular, it would lead to distorted and inaccurate representations of objects and spaces. This could result in errors and inconsistencies in measurements and calculations, making it difficult to understand and navigate our world.