Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Eager to learn Physics and needs some guidance.

1. Dec 20, 2009 #1
    Hello. My name is Asad. I'm 15 and I want to learn Physics. As you can tell by my name I am eager to learn Physics and have been since the summer break :p. I never got around to it because I don't know where to start. I am in 10th grade. I already took Algebra and Living Environment. I am currently taking Earth Science and Geometry. We are currently studying weather and atmospheric pressure and in Geometry were are studying the interior and exterior angles of polygons. Can someone please tell me how I can start studying Physics. I already know http://www.khanacademy.com/ and http://www.youtube.com/khanacademy. I am going to start watching those videos. I want to start with the basic Physics and work my way up to the harder and more difficult Physics. All help will be welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 20, 2009 #2

fluidistic

Gold Member

Learn calculus with Stewart's book and buy Halliday-Resnick's Fundamentals of Physics (or Physics). Try to solve the exercises of these books after you read the theory.
    Good luck.

4. Dec 20, 2009 #3
    I wonder how much physics you can actually learn if you are only starting geometry.

5. Dec 20, 2009 #4
    We will see :). I also know 9th grade Algerbra.

6. Dec 20, 2009 #5
    If your school has AP physics you should take that, and AP calculus.

7. Dec 20, 2009 #6
    My school has AP Physics and I think Pre-Calculus.

8. Dec 20, 2009 #7

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

9. Dec 21, 2009 #8
    Open a physics book, read it, and do all the exercises. And then work your way up from there. Good luck.

10. Dec 26, 2009 #9
    Which Physics book do you recommend?

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook