Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Earth's search for stability

1. Jun 7, 2017 #1
    Im quite fascinated over how earth is constantly trying to stabilise itself. What is your most interesting observation or 'happening' about climate change?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 7, 2017 #2

jim mcnamara

Staff: Mentor

@Solomei
    Are you referring to the Gaia hypothesis? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_hypothesis

Otherwise please remember that we discuss science here, not whatever happenings may turn out to be posted. This kind of thread can easily veer off course. Please - let's stay on course. Thanks.

4. Jun 7, 2017 #3
    Of course, and of course. I just need some new inputs for research opportunities. Do you know where I can find information about the highest measured pH-level in the ocean?

5. Jun 7, 2017 #4

jim mcnamara

Staff: Mentor

6. Jun 8, 2017 #5
    Thanks. I was thinking currently or between 2011-2013. It was measured 7.4 in Oregon between 2011-2013, a publication from Scientific Reports that Ive read about, but can not find.. Interested in finding different measurements in this period, and where.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted