Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Edge browser reports my posted link here as unsafe

1. Aug 25, 2016 #1
    Hi,

I have a thread about 3D graphics in Programming/Computer science subforum:

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/setting-up-3-d-rotation-in-web-page.881634/#post-5550648

where I post a Dropbox link to an HTML5/Javascript file in post #16. When I run Physics Forum with the Edge browser and attempt to click on the WegGL file the browser tells me:

"This website has been reported as unsafe".

Should I not be using this website to post links and if so, can someone suggest a safer website to host my files? I can click on the link with Explorer and Chrome and do not get this warning.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 25, 2016 #2
    hmm when I use Edge I don't get any warning. Are your security settings really tight? Dropbox is likely tagged as an unsafe link because anyone can get an account and upload malicious content.

4. Aug 25, 2016 #3
    Ok. I did look into it and noticed can set browser to disable checking of websites. Perhaps not a good idea though to use the site especially since I plan to post interactive graphics in a blog I'm creating. Can you recommend a file-hosting site that is safer for me?

5. Aug 25, 2016 #4
    It is safe for you to use, but at your own risk to download files from other users accounts

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted