Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bug Edit option sometimes disappears

1. Jun 18, 2011 #1

Ryan_m_b

Staff: Mentor

I've noticed recently that I randomly loose the ability to edit some of my posts. It is not consistent which posts will loose the edit, I have some posts that are quite old that I can still edit and some from just yesterday that are now un-editable.

Any ideas as to why or how I could fix this?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 18, 2011 #2

Borek

All posts should become un-editable after some time, not sure what the current limit is. Edit: 700 minutes.

If there are old posts that you still can edit, that's obviously something wrong.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  4. Jun 18, 2011 #3
    Here's what someone told me.

5. Jun 18, 2011 #4

Borek

Yes, I just checked in forum configuration, 700 minutes it is.

6. Jun 19, 2011 #5

Ryan_m_b

Cheers guys

7. Jun 20, 2011 #6

Mark44

Insights Author

I ran into this problem last week, on some posts that were just a few minutes old, very much under the 700 minute limit. This happened to me in one of the math homework forums, but it did not occur in a different section (Computer/Programming forum, not the one in the homework section).

A little while later, things were back to normal, and I was able to edit previous posts of mine that were under the 700 minute limit.

I don't have any more details, so this information might not be very helpful. If I run into this problem again, I'll try to provide more details.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?