1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

EFC Question.

1. Jun 9, 2007 #1
    My cousin got into a state univ and got his financial aid package calculated, along with fafsa EFC.

What is confusing is they subtract the total school cost from the EFC (expected family contribution) and give you a total financial need quote. The financial aid package has some grants, Stafford and work-study.

My question is will he have to pay the EFC as well? They didn't make it entirety clear.

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 9, 2007 #2
    The EFC is a measure for the finacial aid officers to know how much your family needs to help out.

I don't think he pays the EFC, no. It does not add to the cost, it just says how much of the cost your family is reponsible for, but you'll have to clarify that with an aid officer.

So, say he has X dollars left he needs to pay, then the work-study or unsubsidized loans should cover that.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?