1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electrical engineer and mechatornics

1. Oct 12, 2014 #1
    Hi, i am a freshman in engineering school and i want to be a power engineer, but for some reasons i cant join the eletrical engineering major, but i can join the mechatornics major, can i take this major then maybe take grad studies in power systems or do i have to be an electrical engineering major to be qualified?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 12, 2014 #2

OldEngr63

Gold Member

They really are two different fields. With the mechatroics degree you could do some aspects of the power engineering job, but not all of them (and v.v.).

The idea of getting a graduate power degree might work, but you will be behind the curve.

I would encourage you to pursue the mechatronics degree anyway. This field has a very bright future at this time, and you may very well find that it suits you to a T.

4. Oct 12, 2014 #3
    ok , thanks

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook