1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Electrical or Mechanical Engineering?

1. Aug 25, 2011 #1
    Hello people of the forum. This is my first time posting and in advance thanks for your answers.

I Like engineering, math and especially physics. At the moment im in EE becouse I think it have a lot physics and I guess it have to do a lot with power generation and new technologies.

But Mechanical Engineering seems awesome to with all that thermodynamics and energy. There is no nuclear industry in my country but when it comes to nuclear power who has more to do a ME or EE?

In overall How you really choose a Branch of Engineering? I also like computers and robotics wich i guess it falls in EE.

How you really choose between this two babies? My university dont offers double major and Physics degree its not an option.

Thanks for the forum.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 25, 2011 #2
    What about a nuclear engineering degree?

4. Aug 25, 2011 #3
    There is no nuclear engineering in my country. So im only between MechE and EE

5. Aug 26, 2011 #4
    If you don't mind to answer, wich country do you live?

That might give a hint for some people on here!

6. Aug 26, 2011 #5
    Honestly, from my experience of working at a plant. Both are equally as important.

The real question is, What are you most interested in?

If you love Thermodynamics and fluid flow, then ME.

7. Aug 28, 2011 #6
    Hello thanks for your answer.

Sorry my country is Honduras Central America

8. Aug 28, 2011 #7
    I really dont know the answer to this question. I find them both interesting.

But always wanted to know what really was going on inside the computer wich i guess is more electrical.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook