Empirical rule for IQ scores with mean 104 and SD 14

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 5K views
Jazigirl
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Suppose that IQ scores have a bell shaped distribution with a mean of 104 and a standard deviation of 14. Using the empirical rule what percentage of IQ scores are less than 76? Please do not round your answer.

So far this is what i have

76 -104= -28

-28
__ = -2
14

*How do I obtain the percentage?
*When I get to this point I get lost can someone help me out please and thank you
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You use the "empirical rule"

"percentage less than 76" has been converted (by you, just now) into "percentage less than 2 standard deviations" ... you should have notes for the percentage within a certain number of standard deviations of the mean.