Enable Daily Email Notifications for Threads - Joris

• Thread starter JorisL
  • Start date
In summary, the previous version had a daily digest option for following threads, but it is no longer available in the new version. The only options now are either instant email notifications or no notifications at all. However, there is a way to turn off email notifications completely in the account preferences.
JorisL
So...
I'm having a little issue here.

In the previous version I would get a daily digest for each thread I'm following. (if I'm not mistaken)
In this version I can't seem to find this option any longer. Meaning I get emails as soon as a new reply is made.

I even turned off the receive email notifications for now.

Any way this can return? (or maybe it's hidden?)

Joris

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Joris, I'm afraid the daily digest it no longer any option. It's either no email notification or instant.

Too bad, but I'll manage :)

Is there a way to completely turn off email notifications? I can turn them off for individual threads, but I can't find an option to turn them off in general.

QuantumCurt said:
Is there a way to completely turn off email notifications? I can turn them off for individual threads, but I can't find an option to turn them off in general.
https://www.physicsforums.com/account/preferences

Likes QuantumCurt
There it is! Thank you. :)

1. What is the purpose of enabling daily email notifications for threads?

Enabling daily email notifications for threads allows you to stay updated on any new activity or replies on a specific thread. This can help you stay informed and engaged in discussions, especially in a busy or active forum.

2. How do I enable daily email notifications for threads?

To enable daily email notifications for threads, go to your account settings and navigate to the notifications section. From there, you can select the option to receive daily email notifications for threads.

3. Can I customize which threads I receive daily email notifications for?

Yes, you can customize which threads you receive daily email notifications for. You can choose to receive notifications for all threads, only threads you have participated in, or threads you are following.

4. Will I receive email notifications for every reply on a thread?

No, enabling daily email notifications for threads will only send you one email per day for each thread with new activity. This helps to avoid overwhelming your inbox with multiple emails for the same thread.

5. Can I disable daily email notifications for threads at any time?

Yes, you can disable daily email notifications for threads at any time by going back to your account settings and changing your notification preferences. You can also choose to temporarily disable notifications for a specific thread by unfollowing it.