Encyclopedia of Gamma Matrix Representations?

In summary, The conversation discusses the search for a single place with a list of gamma matrix representations, specifically for a 5+1 dimensional Clifford algebra. The person is looking for a representation where C=γ_0, which would make their algebra easier. They are recommended a resource for a Majorana representation, although it does not directly answer their question.
EuphoGuy
Hello, I was just curious if anyone knew of a single place with a list of many different gamma matrix representations, I haven't been able to find what I want by just searching google. In particular, I'm looking for a representation of the 5+1 dimensional Clifford algera. In other dimensions it's possible to choose a representation where C=γ_0, and I was wondering if this is possible for the 5+1 dimensional case I'm working with, as it would make my algebra much easier.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
You want a Majorana representation, right? Is http://people.maths.ox.ac.uk/daviesr/resources/notes/spinors.pdf any help?

Thanks, it doesn't answer my specific question, but the representation they give is a little nicer than the one I was working with anyways for my purposes. I appreciate it!

1. What is the Encyclopedia of Gamma Matrix Representations?

The Encyclopedia of Gamma Matrix Representations is a comprehensive reference guide that contains all known gamma matrix representations and their properties. It covers various mathematical and physical applications of gamma matrices, including quantum field theory, particle physics, and condensed matter physics.

2. Who is the target audience for this encyclopedia?

This encyclopedia is primarily intended for researchers, graduate students, and advanced undergraduates in the fields of mathematics and physics. It may also be useful for anyone interested in the properties and applications of gamma matrices.

3. How is the information in this encyclopedia organized?

The encyclopedia is organized into several sections, each focusing on a specific aspect of gamma matrices. These include representations, properties, applications, and historical background. Within each section, the information is further divided into chapters and subchapters for easy navigation.

4. What makes this encyclopedia unique?

This encyclopedia is the first of its kind to provide a comprehensive and up-to-date collection of gamma matrix representations. It includes new and previously unpublished results, as well as detailed explanations and examples for each representation. Additionally, it covers a wide range of mathematical and physical applications, making it a valuable resource for researchers and students alike.

5. How can this encyclopedia be useful for researchers?

For researchers, this encyclopedia serves as a one-stop reference for all things related to gamma matrices. It provides a thorough overview of existing representations and their properties, allowing researchers to quickly find the information they need. It also includes new and unpublished results, making it a valuable resource for further research and exploration.