Energy of a car going up a hill

  • Thread starter Thread starter anthonyk2013
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Car Energy Hill
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
anthonyk2013
Messages
125
Reaction score
0
Not using homework template due to originally being posted in a different forum.
find the energy of a required to accelerate a 1800kg car from 15 km/h to 75km/h an up hill road with a vertical rise of 55m

KE=1/2m(V22-V12)

KE=1/2(1800)(20.832-4.162)

KE=1/2(1800)(433.88-17.30)

KE=1/2(1800)(416.58)

KE=1/2(749844)

KE=374922 J

I'm wondering if I'am on the right track, no sure how to bring the rise into the problem.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
anthonyk2013 said:
I'm wondering if I'am on the right track, no sure how to bring the rise into the problem.

+ mgh
 
Energy = Kinetic energy + Potential energy

Potential energy = mgh
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: anthonyk2013