NotanEngineer
- 2
- 0
Homework Statement
A 0.2 lb gear is released from rest in the position shown (Okay so this essentially a circular gear in the groves on an adjacent wall that is also circular. Think perpendicular circles with different radii. The gear is a circle, and the gear teeth are in a circular pattern; the picture is attached) Find the maximum speed of the center of the disk and let the radius of the gear be 2 inches. And the radius of the path is 3 inches.
Homework Equations
2nd energy Principle: E1= V1 +T_t1 + T_r1 = E2 = V2 + T_t2 + T_r2
V= mgh T_t= 1/2mv^2 T_r= 1/2 ω[itex]\bullet[/itex] [Ic] [itex]\omega[/itex]
The Attempt at a Solution
My attempt was to treat the path around the wall as translational, and keep the disk spinning around the center as rotational energy. The problem I'm having is I don't really know how to configure my omega or the moments of inertia. I think my biggest issue is setting the coordinate system, and defining all of the parts that go into the equations that will eventually be put into my relevant energy equations.
Attachments