1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Energy transformation equations

1. Jan 11, 2008 #1
    OK, I have an assignmnt to do and, normally I wouldn't be looking for answers here --- direct ones I mean but this question requires them, and since I'm not entirely sure we were given the proper list of "forms of energy" I would like to a) get your opinion on the answer to these energy transformation equations and b) see if the types of energy forms which I have are correct

a) Write an energy transformation equation for each examp. below.
    nuclear core heats up heavy water which turns a generator
    spring with a mass attached is pulled down and then released (moves up and down until coming to a rest on its own)
    a person playing an electric organ presses a key and we hear the not played
    a match is struck on a matchbox and ignites

b) The list of energy forms we were given include:

So, are there others? Was this list incorrect? (see, this section of the unit was taught by the class in groups, not the teacher, so its not like this all has 100% credibility.. IT might, but for the sake of my assignment, I'd just like to make sure this is all on track)
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 12, 2008 #2

Shooting Star

Homework Helper

There is potential energy, which actually covers a wide variety of energy, like gravitational,
    electrostatic etc. I don't find that in the list. What about the energy of compression in a spring? That'd be PE.

But try the given problems. They may not involve PE.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?