Enjoying the Challenge of Difficult Classes: Unusual Enjoyment?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Azmodan
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Azmodan
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I think the answers to this question may be a little biased but, oh well.

Is it normal to get a high off of taking abnormally difficult classes (well, at least difficult for me). I'm 3/4 of the way through Engineering Dynamics and wow it's been pretty rough, but I freaking LOVED it. I don't know what it is. Was it the crazy amount of math, the subject matter or the fact that it was just difficult?

Anybody else feel the same way about other courses you took/are taking? Did I even post this in the right section?
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Azmodan, Welcome here to Physics Forums!

Yes, others feel the same "high" when learning immensely complicated/difficult material. A person is satisfying a physical "need", for example, drinking cool water when thirsty, or like eating when hungry. The psychological need satisfaction you have experienced hopefully will contribute towards motivating you to continue this learning process! Good Luck! And, it is a better high than any drug!
 
yes, it sure feels goood when a mystery disappears.

I guess we're programmed by Mother Nature to explore.