Anyone else take the fundamentals of engineering (FE) exam yesterday?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 4K views
leright
Messages
1,317
Reaction score
19
Anyone? I took it. I think I passed. We will see in 2 months. I took the general exam in the afternoon. The morning section was a breeze but the afternoon section was kinda difficult for me. I am an EE and I am bad at some of the ME stuff. Unfortunately, the exam seems to be skewed toward mechanical engineering subjects.

I walked out of the exam room with like 30 minutes to spare for both the AM and PM sections. I wish I would have used that time to go back and try to work some of the problems that I had to guess on. Oh well. I just wanted to get the heck out of there.

If I passed then I need to acquire 4 years of engineering experience and then take the Professional Engineer (PE) exam. Then I will have an engineering license.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Yea I took it at the exam site in Pomona yesterday. I thought there was a lot of mechanics ( strength of materials) type of questions on both the morning and afternoon general test. I saw some fluids, and thermodynamics questions. I only saw 1 heat transfer problem and it was ridiculously easy. The weight of the amount of topics is probably different for each time they administer the exam.
 
Update: I passed the exam. Now all I need to do is work for 4 years and take the PE exam.
 
leright said:
Update: I passed the exam. Now all I need to do is work for 4 years and take the PE exam.
Congratulations! Keep up the good work! :approve:
 
leright said:
Update: I passed the exam. Now all I need to do is work for 4 years and take the PE exam.

and in another 4 years after that a PF exam
 
Do note that typically the licensing boards will count any type of co-op experience as work experience. Also, make sure that your profession requires/wants/desires a PE license. While common for civil engineers, I'm not sure how important it is for EE's, but it seems like a lot of work just to write John Doe, P.E.