Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Entanglement possible through a higher dimension.

1. May 20, 2010 #1
    Dear everybody...

Could it be true...
    that Entanglement is made possible because the forces between the 2 electrons are being folded through a higher dimension, so there would be an explanation for the simultaneous reaction of the 2 electrons even if there`s a astronomical distance between them???

best regards.
  2. jcsd
  3. May 20, 2010 #2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome to PhysicsForums, zeebregts!

Yes, it is possible. There is no other evidence of this "dimension" however. In addition, there are constraints on the number of dimensions, although I am not qualified to discuss those constraints.
  4. May 20, 2010 #3
    Hello DrChinese...

Thanks for the response.
    Are there other ways for entanglement to be explained even without other dimensions?

I couldn`t think of any other way (but then again, I`m still a rookie)

Best Regards.
  5. May 20, 2010 #4
    The lack of explanations does not necessitate the creation of dimensional manifolds within our universe, but it is certainly one approach. At this point how entanglement works is still "spooky" + conjecture. Decoherence is the big game in town for the experimentalists, so the rest is left to theory.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook