Entry level Renewable energy engineering positions?

• Engineering
  • Thread starter Hannah K
  • Start date
I'm not out of college yet, but I'm curious if any companies are offering entry level positions renewable energy engineers right now

Answers and Replies

Yes. Try googling "renewable energy engineer jobs"

Likes russ_watters
There are some pretty cool greenhouse design companies out there now, with what seems to be a good variety of size and composition, ranging from smaller innovation-driven startups to larger and more established groups (though the latter are mainly to be found in Nordic countries.)

you can try LinkedIn

DEvens
Education Advisor
Gold Member
you can try LinkedIn
Urhgh! Just keep in mind that if you do try it, you will have the devil's own time getting out of it if you decide to. The amount of useless pestering email I got from that web site was depressing. And you could not turn it off, you could only turn it down slightly. As far as I know, the only reason I am not still getting spammed is because I changed email address, abandoning the old address, and didn't tell them. I set every possible setting I could find. I tried to un-register. I tried changing my email to an email that I specifically set up to catch the spam and never read. Nothing worked. I still got spam from them, many times per day.

And very nearly all the email was of a kind that couldn't possibly do me any good. "Why don't you tell your friends and relatives about LinkedIn?" It was tiresome.

Likes gmax137
DEvens
Education Advisor
Gold Member
I'm not out of college yet, but I'm curious if any companies are offering entry level positions renewable energy engineers right now
What do you mean by "renewable energy engineer?" Do you mean somebody who knows about drive trains and energy conversion and thermodynamics and so on and so forth? Like the usual engineer? Or do you mean something else?

It was tiresome.
They also try to "trick" you into clicking a link that lets them go into your email address book / contact list, and email every one of them an invitation to join you on linkedin. That's why you get email invites from people you haven't heard from in years.

Likes DEvens