Entry level Renewable energy engineering positions?

In summary, if you are looking for a job as a renewable energy engineer, be careful of companies that send you unsolicited email. They may try to trick you into clicking a link that lets them access your email address list.
Hannah K
I'm not out of college yet, but I'm curious if any companies are offering entry level positions renewable energy engineers right now

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes. Try googling "renewable energy engineer jobs"

Likes russ_watters
There are some pretty cool greenhouse design companies out there now, with what seems to be a good variety of size and composition, ranging from smaller innovation-driven startups to larger and more established groups (though the latter are mainly to be found in Nordic countries.)

you can try LinkedIn

jemmy200 said:
you can try LinkedIn

Urhgh! Just keep in mind that if you do try it, you will have the devil's own time getting out of it if you decide to. The amount of useless pestering email I got from that website was depressing. And you could not turn it off, you could only turn it down slightly. As far as I know, the only reason I am not still getting spammed is because I changed email address, abandoning the old address, and didn't tell them. I set every possible setting I could find. I tried to un-register. I tried changing my email to an email that I specifically set up to catch the spam and never read. Nothing worked. I still got spam from them, many times per day.

And very nearly all the email was of a kind that couldn't possibly do me any good. "Why don't you tell your friends and relatives about LinkedIn?" It was tiresome.

Likes gmax137
Hannah K said:
I'm not out of college yet, but I'm curious if any companies are offering entry level positions renewable energy engineers right now

What do you mean by "renewable energy engineer?" Do you mean somebody who knows about drive trains and energy conversion and thermodynamics and so on and so forth? Like the usual engineer? Or do you mean something else?

DEvens said:
It was tiresome.

They also try to "trick" you into clicking a link that let's them go into your email address book / contact list, and email every one of them an invitation to join you on linkedin. That's why you get email invites from people you haven't heard from in years.

Likes DEvens

1. What qualifications are required for entry level renewable energy engineering positions?

To land an entry level renewable energy engineering position, most employers require a bachelor's degree in engineering, preferably in a related field such as mechanical, electrical, or environmental engineering. Some employers may also look for candidates with specific certifications or training in renewable energy technologies.

2. What skills are necessary for success in entry level renewable energy engineering positions?

In addition to technical knowledge in renewable energy technologies, successful candidates for entry level positions should have strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills. They should also have excellent communication and teamwork abilities, as most projects in this field involve working with a multidisciplinary team.

3. What types of projects do entry level renewable energy engineers typically work on?

Entry level renewable energy engineers may work on a variety of projects, including designing and implementing renewable energy systems, conducting energy audits and assessments, analyzing data and conducting research, and assisting with project management. They may also work on developing and improving existing renewable energy technologies.

4. Are there any specific software or tools that entry level renewable energy engineers should be familiar with?

Entry level renewable energy engineers should be familiar with software and tools commonly used in the industry, such as computer-aided design (CAD) software, energy modeling software, and data analysis tools. They should also have a basic understanding of programming languages and database management.

5. What are the job prospects for entry level renewable energy engineers?

The job prospects for entry level renewable energy engineers are promising, as the demand for renewable energy continues to grow. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment in the field of renewable energy is projected to grow much faster than average for all occupations. Additionally, with advancements in renewable energy technologies, there will be a need for skilled engineers to design, develop, and maintain these systems.