Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Environmental Abatement measures

1. Mar 6, 2006 #1

I'm the newbie... so be gentle :biggrin:

I was wondering if there are any goog texts relating to good environmental abatement measures. I realise that good environmental practise is to engineer environmental systems into the design phase of projects. However often this is not often the case and abatement measures have to be retrofitted.

Any further information will be highly appreciated...

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 6, 2006 #2

Science Advisor

Environmental abatement? Can you be a bit more specific? Air quality? Ground quality? Waste management?

My head hurts when I get to thinking about the environmental side of things in our business.
  4. Mar 6, 2006 #3
    Sorry... although I was actually referring air quality in particular... General measures, both at the design and phase and retro measures would be appreciated...
  5. Mar 6, 2006 #4

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

6. Mar 6, 2006 #5

Staff: Mentor

If you mean air quality in HVAC, the DOE has an extensive section of their website devoted to it: http://www.epa.gov/iaq/ia-intro.html
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?