Equilibrium distribution of a solvent in two immiscible solvents

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Frankenstein19
Messages
56
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


I need to find the distribution coefficients for acetic acid of various concentrations in a ether/water system, but I'm not too sure of my calculations

Homework Equations


To get the concentrations of acetic acid in the aqueous phase I took the ([average concentration of NaOH]*[vol I got from the titration])/(aliquot volume)

The Attempt at a Solution


The concentrations are in M and the volumes are in mL
Aliquot volume for the aqueous phase was 5mL and 10mL for the organic phase
upload_2018-9-26_20-47-3.png
 
Attachments
  • upload_2018-9-26_20-47-3.png
    upload_2018-9-26_20-47-3.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 533
Physics news on Phys.org
Wouldn't hurt if you would start with explaining the experiment and detailing procedure you have followed to gather the experimental data.

Why only single significant figures in the most right two columns?