ER Patients talk to people in white coats

  • Thread starter Thread starter BobG
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Science Advisor
Messages
365
Reaction score
88
In a ground breaking study, researchers have found that ER patients talk to people in white coats!

“The Federal Trade Commission, in reports, and in personal communication with me, said this kind of research cannot be done,” David Jernigan, a professor of public health at Johns Hopkins and the director of the study told NBC News. “The National Institute on Drug Abuse gave me similar pushback.”

...

At first, Jernigan, said, many patients refused to talk. But then the survey takers, with the permission of the emergency room staff, donned white coats. After that, patients talked freely.

What's even more impressive is that the real doctors and nurses all wore blue scrubs! Griped one patient, "I wish the janitors would stop pestering me about dripping blood all over the place. I can't help it if I'm bleeding! And wish that darn doctor would come back! I'm beginning to worry he didn't like what kind of beer I drank!"

As an off-topic aside, what kind of beer do you like to drink before visiting the Emergency Room?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
BobG said:
As an off-topic aside, what kind of beer do you like to drink before visiting the Emergency Room?
Coincidentally, . . . .

When the Hopkins researchers surveyed ER patients who’d been drinking, they found that Budweiser was the number one brand consumed, followed Steel Reserve Malt Liquor, Colt 45 malt liquor, Bud Ice (another malt liquor), Bud Light, and a discount-priced vodka called Barton’s.

Though Budweiser has 9.1 percent of the national beer market, it represented 15 percent of the of the E.R. “market.”
. . . .
 
When the Hopkins researchers surveyed ER patients who’d been drinking, they found that Budweiser was the number one brand consumed, followed Steel Reserve Malt Liquor, Colt 45 malt liquor, Bud Ice (another malt liquor), Bud Light, and a discount-priced vodka called Barton’s.

Though Budweiser has 9.1 percent of the national beer market, it represented 15 percent of the of the E.R. “market.”
. . . .

That's why I don't visit the ER. I don't like any of those brands. I prefer http://www.bristolbrewing.com/our_beers.asp !
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's why dentists don't show up in a Hawaiian shirt, they figured it out a long time ago.