Errata for Gravitation and Cosmology book by Steven Weinberg

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4 replies · 5K views
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
4,662
Reaction score
372
Does someone know of an official or unofficial errata for the above book of Weinberg?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
MathematicalPhysicist said:
Well, the Cosmology book has a corrections' file here:
http://zippy.ph.utexas.edu/~weinberg/swcorrections.pdf

I plan to read the Cosmology and Gravitation book after I am finished with Schutz's book.
I hope all the mistakes if there are will be found and corrected; But progress will be rather slow.
On the very first page, footnote 2: "The Sloan Digital Sky Survey provides evidence that the distribution of galaxies is homogeneous on scales larger than about 300 light years[...]" Of course, he meant Mly. Checking the reference (Yadav et al. 2005), it's indeed 60− 70h-1 Mpc.