Essay of fluid dynamics for IB diploma

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Srinand
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
I'm planning to do an extended Essay for the IB Diploma in Physics. I want to do something on Fluid Dynamics. I was thinking of investigating terminal velocity and effects on drag and upthrust to terminal velocity. That investigation will of course involve Stoke's Law. BUt I think that might be too shallow and GCSE-type of investigation. Can any of you suggest questions concerning fluid dynamics and post them here. Essay titles from the past that have acheived high grades would also be helpful! Please help!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
1. How Does the Angle of Attack Affect Terminal Velocity? 2. Investigating the Effect of Surface Area on Drag Coefficient and Terminal Velocity3. Analyzing the Impact of Viscosity on the Flow of Fluids4. Investigating the Effects of Temperature on Fluid Flow Dynamics5. Comparing the Effects of Reynolds Number on Laminar and Turbulent Flow6. Examining the Influence of Contraction and Expansion on Fluid Flow7. Exploring the Relationship between Pressure Gradient and Fluid Flow8. Analyzing the Impact of Different Geometries on Fluid Flow9. Investigating the Effects of Boundary Layer on Fluid Dynamics10. Investigating the Correlation Between Fluid Dynamics and Turbulence